Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Breakthroughs-or at least chipping away at a the wall

Today was a HUGE day for me. I have always used work in the past as an excuse to cop on the hard stuff, the exercise bit. It's like I would almost jump at the chance to be "too busy" to exercise.

Now, I know I'm only two weeks in to this lifestyle, but I've had several challenges as of late.Friday was a bad day at work where I left an emotional wreck. What I truly wanted to do was go home, cry on my kitty and stuff my face. But I managed to put on my big girl panties and go to the gym and work it out, instead. Tuesday didn't go much better, and today the volume really picked up at work. I could have stayed. Instead, I upheld my appointment with my personal trainer and I left on time and went to the gym.

I have stuck to my calories and exercise for almost two weeks. I have not allowed myself my old luxeries and excuses, and it gets a little easier every day. Is it possible that I am finally turning a corner in this journey? Is it too soon for that? Do I really finally get it in my heart as well as my head?

I suppose only time will tell, but I am SO proud of myself tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment