Monday, September 23, 2013

Working on an Action Plan

I've really kind of let things slide lately, not as much on the losing weight bits, but kind of just in general. I did get out of control this wekeend, when it comes to food and exercise. Too much of one and none of the other. But I know that happends to everyone from time to time. The important thing is that I picked myself up by my britches and got back on the Path of the Righteous Man this morning. 

I got kind of lazy about cooking and cleaning too. Which just kind of added to the general funk I was in over the weekend. The last thing for me was how undisciplined I let myself get about spending. I was riding the high tide of overtime, and now that I don't have that anymore, I've been struggling. 

We were doing so well about putting money away so we can get out of this crap hole of an apartment we live in. I don't even care about buying something anymore, I'll rent somewhere else, I just want out. But I kind of short circuted somewhere in there, and went from doing such a beautiful being in control of myself, so now we've gone and blown through what we had. Neither one of us are to blame. It just happened. But it upsets me that (I feel like, anyway) I let it happen. And like so many other things, I tried to recoup my loses, but I wasn't able to. So now we start back at square one. There are certainly worse places to start out at, but I'm not happy with the situation. 

So I thought I would combine my weight goals and my money goals into a winter long project. I call it "Project New Spring Wardrobe". The premise is a simple one: no new clothes until Spring, when hopefully I'll HAVE to buy them, because all the things I just packed away for the winter won't fit anymore. I'm going to officially kick off Project NSW on October 1st and run it through March 31st. 

Logically, I don't need any new clothes. I just put out plenty of wonderful things that filled my half of the closet, and provide me with plenty of variety for the season. I am going to make two exceptions: I need a pair of skinny jeans to wear with some boots that I already had purchased. And I would like a few more pair of flat dress shoes/boots for the winter. I have a bunch of cute heels and booties, but with the hip flexor issues I've been having, I need to stay out of the heels for a while, I feel. 

Some stratigem I have written out includes: a motivation jar set. I don't know what you really call it, but I've seen it a couple of times on Extreme Weight Loss. You take two jars and one jar you put in how many marbles for how much weight you want to lose, one marble equals one pound. As you lose weight you transfer the marbles into the second jar, and you can watch your progress. Plus there's something very satisfying about having that tactile reinforcement that you're making progress by moving the marbles around. My other plan is that when I feel the urge to shop, I'm going to take that money that I would have spent and dump it into my savings account. To either be used for the new Spring clothes, or for moving money. This way I can get use out of the clothes I already have, and save some money in the long run! 

Here are the particulars of Project NSW: 
Duration: 6 months- Oct 1-Mar 31 
Realistic Goal: 60 pounds 
Make My Day Goal: 70 pounds (this would get me to the 100 pounds lost total mark) 
Current Size: 24 
Goal Size: 18 (This one's hard, because you never know how your body is going to shrink or not. I mean, I'm down 30 pounds and STILL in all the same clothes.) 

I'll update all my trackers and what not next Tuesday on the 1st. Wish me luck, and thanks for listening to my ramble! 

2 comments:

  1. Love you Di! You can do this! I will be right there with you! Love- Sarah Shapero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diane! You are awesome and you try so hard, and you do so well! Don't beat yourself up over perceived failures, you are human, we are an imperfect bunch. Allow yourself some wriggle room, so you can enjoy those treats from time to time. If you cut yourself off entirely from the treats, you will blow it, we need the occasional indulgence. Have you ever had your thyroid levels measured? If not, get them checked.

    As for the money.....have you considered putting your money in an account where you can't take any out unless you have two people sign at the bank? I have found that is the most effective way to prevent myself from stupidly spending money. I mean if both of us have to actually go to the bank to take out the money, we have to think pretty hard about what we are buying. It stops those impulse purchases.

    I am cheering you on! Kathie T

    ReplyDelete