Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy Friday, Peeps!

From my SparkPeople blog:

I fully intended blogging more during this challenge, but my work week picked up a little bit, and so did my evenings. But I have so enjoyed reading and commenting on my challenge mates' blogs. 

Yesterday was my first day of school. I've never done online classes before, so I'm both excited and nervous. I did the first of three assignments for the week, and that one was super easy! We just had to get on the class discussion board and introduce ourselves to the class. I'd say at this point I'm pretty comfortable on a message board. Thanks Spark! 

I had been experimenting with new tracker this week, since you can go back and forth between them, now, and I really feel like it was giving me too many calories a day. I was always under, because it was recommending 2700-3000 a day! OMG! So I put it back to the old way, and I just let the fitness tracker yell at me for having too many calories burned. Since my FitBit is synced up to it, I rarely go over there anywhere. It's like the online version of sticking my fingers in my ears and shouting "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Food has been overall good this week. I've stayed in my calorie ranges, even though a couple of the meals weren't strictly healthy. But that's real life, you know! 

Exercise has been wonderful! I finished the first week of my C25k program yesterday, and I'm looking forward to starting week two. I have realized that I could proably bump the speed up a little, but honestly, I'm going for time more so than distance right now. I'm finishing each session, and that's what I need, just to finish. I can work on speed later. Today's little win was taking two minutes off my stationary bike 10k. My gym has bikes from the Octane brand, and they have a program that instead of doing your workout for X amount of minutes, you just keep going until you "ride" a 10k. today I got it done in 26:35! emoticonemoticon 

Did a little mid-week peep at the scale, and if I can maintain where it's at until my official weigh-in Monday, I'll have some very exciting news! I should really make my offiical weigh in days on Thursdays. I always have the best numbers on Thursdays! 

Tomorrow I am walking in Richmond's "Moovin' and Groovin' event. There is a 2 miler and a 5k. While I am more than capable of completing a 5k, there is a whole group of ladies from the gym walking in the 2 miler, so I am doing that race with them tomorrow. I'm super excited. If I get out of work on time, I'm going to go ahead and pick up my race packet tonight, so I don't have to fool with it in the morning. 

Welp, my desk is picking back up, so I should go for now. I'll tell you guys all about the race tomorrow. Hopefully all the rain that is falling right now is getting it out of it's system and we have a dry morning! 

Have a wonderful evening, everyone! 
Smooches!! 

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for completing week 1 of couch to 5k! :) Great job on the bike time, too. Have a great time at the race tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you really have been a busy girl ! I have been sick and lazy and now ready to do something/anything again. You def inspire me !

    ReplyDelete