Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend update/Healthy Living Challenge

Today was my HLC kick off. I've been having a lot of fun reading posts and blogs and trying to get to know the people participating. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks!

I'm so close to the 30 pounds down mark. It will be my first major milestone hit, so I was a little bummed when I got on the scale this morning and I was actually three pounds UP this week. I didn't think I flubbed this past weekend that badly, but apparently I did. That's ok, though, I'm just going to keep working the process, and trust that the process with start working for me. I know that slow and steady is better than dramatic anyway. It's like waiting for Christmas morning to come though- when you're this close!

I started a C25k program this morning. It was actually one that I used a few years ago with a small degree of success. I'm so different than I was then, though. I've spent the past four or five months exercising consistently, so I think I'm really ready for such a huge endeavor this time. We shall see, won't me. It certainly felt good to jog this morning, that's for sure! I'm going to have to do Day Two tomorrow, though, because there's a class I want to take at the gym Wednesday, and I won't have time to do both.

Did a little bit of shopping this weekend, and we wandered in to Old Navy, since they were having a killer jeans sale. I knew I really wasn't going to actually fit in any pants in-store, but I went ahead and grabbed a pair of size 20 skinny jeans, and they got up further than I anticipated them going, so I'll take it. Since I couldn't get any jeans, I picked up two pairs of desperately needed work out pants. I was happy this morning when I put on the first pair, and they fit just perfect. Most XXL work out pants I can swing no problem, but these were compression pants, and I wasn't sure how they were going to work. So yipee! New workout clothes. Now it will take me a few days longer before I'm back to being the smelly girl at the gym. (We don't have a washer/dryer in our apartment, so I tend to stretch things a little past when I shoud before hitting the laundromat)

I've been worried about my best friend. She's going through something, and I know she's not in the greatest of places right now. Unfortunately there's really not much I can do until she's ready to reach out, other than just keep reminding her that I'm here for her, and worrying about her. It's tough when you can't help someone you love.

I didn't get everything accomplished this weekend that I wanted to. One of these days I'm really going to get around to cleaning the bathroom. And bathing the cat. I swear it!

the first day of this challenge has gone well, here to many more successful ones! Go Storms!

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Proud of you for making this big step! With love from Sarah Shapero :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry too much about the 3 pounds. My weight can fluctuate 5 pounds in a day! It sucks, but if you know you're working out and eating well then over time it'll be fine. That ALWAYS seems to happen to me when I am close to a goal. Stupid scale. I try not to worry about the number constantly, but it's hard!

    ReplyDelete